Thursday 12 March 2015

Weekend Roadtrip : What's in my Travel Makeup Bag



I recently went to a wedding whilst having a road trip with some of my close friends. I admit that I can never pack lightly when it comes to going away from home especially makeup and skincare items. But I need to practice how to pack lightly, so I decided to take only the necessities with me this time.


Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer was my weapon of choice to help blurs out imperfections on my face. I coupled it with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation that was a recent addition in my makeup stash. It is one of those foundation that you don't need to use a brush to apply which makes it easy for when you are in a hurry. For concealers, I brought along the LA Girl HD Pro Conceal. This was a recent purchase and I am still trying it out, but I am really liking the consistency and coverage of this product. Full review on the product coming up on the blog soon!

I can't imagine my day without the Make Up For Ever HD Powder. This is my holy grail makeup and it just doesn't feel right if I don't set my makeup with it. The powder sets your makeup wonderfully and also makes your face looks flawless in real life and photos. For blushes, I decided to bring one of my all-time favourite Maquillage blushes. It has 4 shades all in one pan and you can either opt for individual colours, combine two colours at once or just swirl your brushes and combine all of them together to create a luminous peachy pink blush.

MAC Cinderella Beauty Powder in Mystery Princess was the most recent purchases out of all of them. I bought it just one day before the trip together with the eyeshadow palette in Stroke of Midnight and I decided to bring it along with me on this trip. Full review on both products is coming soon as well, but the bottom line is that I am really happy with these two purchases. 



For lips, I opted for the Colourpop Lippie Stix in Frida and Lumiere. They're the perfect size to fit into any clutch and the colour goes on well with the smokey eye that I had planned to do. You can read the full review here.


For the eyes, the only palette that I brought along is the MAC Cinderella ones. Without testing the product, I simply tuck it in neatly in my makeup bag and wore it the first time during the wedding. To complete the eye look, I went ahead and choose my three most trusted eye products: MAC Prolongwear Brow Set, Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er and O!Mega Lash Mascara. 


No comments:

Post a Comment