Thursday 19 February 2015

Magic Marc'er



Out of all my recent massive makeup purchases, the Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Eyeliner is definitely one of the few stand outs. When it comes to eyeliner, I am always skeptical to try new ones because I live in a humid country and thus, I sweat a lot. Makeup brands that claimed their products to be sweat-proof has been proven not to work on me one time too many. 

So when I first purchased the set that the eyeliner comes in, I was sure I would not like this product. Lo and behold, I was proven wrong. The first time when I put this product to the test it amazes me like no other eyeliner has. 

The colour is super-black, even darker than the Stila Stay-All Day Liquid Liner and it is not overly shiny as some liquid liner tends to be. The tip of the marker is so fine that it makes it so much more easier to create a cat-flick and the liner lasts on my lids without creasing. I know this is weird, but the Stila liner tends to crease a little bit on the inner part of my eyelids and I have to re-apply the product after I allow it to set, then only it'll last all day.

But with the Marc Jacobs liner, one swipe of the product is enough to last me the whole day. The consistency of the ink is thicker compared to Stila's which makes it stays in place upon application. Stila liner tends to spread around a little bit on my eyelids when I applied it so I have to really let it dry before I open my eyes. 

The one thing that I am not a fan of with this eyeliner is the difficulty to remove it. Even with an oil-based eye makeup remover, I still have to seriously rub the solution hard in order to get the liner off my eyelids. 

With all the comparison happening in this post regarding this liner and Stila's, I would still recommend both products to anyone out there in search of a good liquid liner. If price is not an issue, I would definitely suggest the Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Eyeliner, but if you're looking for something not as obscenely expensive, then the Stila Stay All-Day Liquid Liner is the one I would suggest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment