Sunday 8 March 2015

Sunday Steal l Colourpop Lippie Stix


Generally speaking lip products are my biggest weakness. I'm a lipstick junkie through and through and I am not ashamed to admit that. Whenever I discover a new brand, lip products is the one that I will look through first before venturing into other territories. When I heard about Colourpop and their amazingly-raved about products, I know I have to get my hands on them.

Lippie Stix is basically a lipstick only with a cuter name and appearance. They come in five types of finishes (matte, satin, glossy, hyper-gloss and pearlized). I picked up five colours with two different finishes just to test if it's worth the hype and OMG they are certainly worth all the hype! 

I bought three matte shades and two satin. The formulation of these products is a cut above the rest. Their matte lippie stixs are not drying and it is actually quite hydrating. Matte lip products are known to emphasize chapped lips but Colourpop Lippie Stix somehow hydrates them. The satin finish has a hint of sheen but not that much different from the matte ones. They glide on smoothly and is very easy to apply given the shape of the product itself. The pigmentation is very good and you only need one swipe of the colour on your lips. Longevity of the product is pretty impressive as well, without eating it'll last around 5 hours on my lips but you do need a little bit of touch up if you eat. 




Lady is certainly my favourite out of the bunch. It is described on the website as a "dirty burgundy" and that's exactly what the colour looks like. It is a very dark colour for me and I absolutely love it. Lumiere is another love of mine. It is a "dusty mauve pink" and is also a matte finish. The colour translate more on the cooler tone on me and it is a nice shade for those who are looking to venture to other colours than pinks, reds and corals.

The packaging of the product is adorable. It's in a stick form (hence the Lippie Stix name) and it's retractable which is an added bonus for me as I detest having to sharpen my lip pencils/ sticks. It is also slim and is easy to pop into your clutch or purse to bring it on-the-go. 

Colourpop retails at $5 (yes, five US dollars!) and can be purchased online for those who are living in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands. 

For those living in Malaysia, you can purchase Colourpop through instagram shops (I recommend lebeautecrime) and the price usually ranges from RM 30 to no more than RM 35. 

No comments:

Post a Comment