Tuesday 2 June 2015

Japan Haul Part Un: Drugstore


I was in Japan for 2 weeks from late March to early April to see the cherry blossom in full bloom and to haul some beauty products for sure. Life was pretty hectic after coming home and it rendered me unable to update my blog. But here's part one of the things I hauled from Japan. 


Drugstores in Japan is an absolute heaven for beauty lovers. They have everything in there from all sorts of brands. You can even find higher-end beauty/ skincare brands in the drugstore (Shiseido, Maquillage, SK II, Cle de Peau, etc.). I went on a scavenger hunt for several cult products from Japan beauty industry though I couldn't get all of them *sobs*. There wasn't much products that I hauled from the drugstore, considering I went into all the drugstores I came across while I was there, but I wanted to be careful with my selections. 



First up is the Miracle Romance Sailor Moon Limited Edition Eyeliner. I admit, I bought this simply because its a Sailor Moon Limited Edition product. I've never heard of the brand before but fret not, Japanese are famed for their eye products that lasts. I picked the dark brown colour just to have a bit of variations with my liquid liners. It has a fine tip (0.1mm as claimed by the packaging) and makes it super easy to do a precise cat flick. Tried and tested this product for 2 months and it is not the most waterproof eyeliner out there in the market, but the staying power is still amazing. It does not flake off nor comes off even after an 8 hour wear.



The Kiss Me by ISEHAN brand is by far one of the most amazing Japanese drugstore brands I've encountered. They have super waterproof eyeliners and mascara and they kid you not when the packaging illustrates a crying anime heroine with her eyeliner and mascara still intact. I purchased the Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara Super Water Proof after contemplating my choices between hundred others drugstore mascaras. The mascara has a fiber bristles and a curved wand which helps with making the eyelashes long and curl. It does give a little bit of volume and is a bit clumpy if you over applied it, so be careful with that. But I like that it does not have any fall outs through-out the day. Taking off the mascara is a bit of work and only an oil-based eye makeup remover works for me. 



I've hauled quite a few lip products during my trip to Japan and I was ecstatic when I found a Rimmel counter in one of the drugstores there (as Rimmel is no longer available in Malaysia) and what made me happier was that they have the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer. I've contemplated to get this product online so many times and have always put the thought off. The colours that I have is 02, 03 and 04. Unfortunately they don't have names for the colours as oppose to the other Apocalips counterparts all over the world. My favourite among the bunch has to be 04 - which is a beautiful orange colour that looks bright when swatched but gives a beautiful soft orange colour on the lips. The formulation of these Apocalips is nothing out of this world, but the colour does lasts even when the shine is gone. A side note: make sure to exfoliate your lips if it's chapped as the formulation of the Apocalips is horrible for dry lip. It'll settle into the cracks and will not look attractive at all. 


Lastly is something for the nails and its the VilliVilli Nail Decals. There were tons of selections that blinded my eyes but I settled for only one. I like how this decals is a little bit different than the usual with cute prints of coffee-related art. I have yet to use them because I have not had long nails ever since I came home from Japan. My nails have been so brittle that it always chipped when it gets long. So I've been taking care of my nails and steering away from any chemicals for now but I'll certainly post a picture on my instagram when I finally wore it. 

Japan Haul Part Deux: Luxury will be coming up on the blog very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment