Monday 2 March 2015

February Favourites


I'm so excited to finally be doing my first monthly favourites where I talk about all the beauty products that I have been obsessed with for the past month.

February has been a month of total chaos due to my event that happened last week. Prior to that, there were endless meetings, classes and running errands here and there. Thus, I was always in a rush to get out the door, which leaves me with little room to get ready and do my makeup. Most of my favourite products for this month has been one of those on-the-go product that takes little time to apply.


I completely forgo all my foundations this month in favour of the Cyber Colors BB Cream. It has a whitening effect on the face that manages to illuminate my sallow and I-don't-get-enough-sleep skin. It also contains SPF 25 which helps to protect my face against the scorching sun and the coverage is absolutely amazing and full considering its a BB cream. I applied this all over my face using my fingers and it blends seamlessly. For the powder, the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder has been my savior for my oily T-zone area. You can read the full review on the product here.

The concealers are a little bit excessive this month as my face has been breaking out quite a lot. The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has been a miracle elixir for all my blemishes and it is also perfect as an eye primer. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in DEA helps to illuminate under the eye area for when I didn't have enough sleep and the YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch has been in my on-the-go makeup bag for this whole month. It helps to cheat the appearance of having enough sleep and illuminates the face whilst having a light texture and it is very easy to apply. 


For the eyes, I have not been able to put down the Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette ever since I received them. I forgo eyeliner this month as it takes up a lot of time to get it right, so I have been using the black eyeshadow from the palette as a smoked out liner. You can read the full review on the palette here.


The Marc Jacobs mascara has been rising to the top of my must-haves mascara because it imparts so much volume and length to my sparse eye lashes. It works well even without an eyelash curler thus making it great for when you are in a hurry. 



MAC cream blushers in Tease Your Tastes has been my go-to blusher this month. It is so easy to apply; just swipe it on your cheeks, blend it out a little and you are set. It does takes a little getting use to when applying cream blushers. but once you get the hang of it, it'll do wonders for your life. The color is also very sheer and a soft peachy tone so you can never go wrong with it no matter what kind of look you're rocking. 

My chapped lips has been notorious in February and the Dior Lip Glow has been a life saver. I love how it brings out your natural lip color and for when I am extra lazy to put on lipsticks, I'll simply do one swipe of the lip glow and I'm ready to go. But when I have the extra time, I find myself reaching for lip liners more than lipsticks itself this month. The moisturising factor in the lip glow helps the liners to glide on more smoothly and they stay on the lips longer. My favourite this month has been MAC Lip Pencil in Chicory and Wet n Wild lipliner in E715 Plumberry. 


Lastly is the Sunplay Skin Aqua sunblock SPF 50. The weather has been quite unpredictable last month, but it is mostly hot and humid. I always carry this sunblock with me and love putting it on as it is a watery gel texture, hence it is not sticky and absorbs immediately upon application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment