Wednesday 10 June 2015

May Makeup Menu : Favourites


There aren't that many products that I've been loving for the month of May, but the ones that made it on the list have definitely helped me redefined how I do my makeup and hair. 

Starting up with a hair product, the Ma Cherie Decoration Keep Spray is one of the many products I hauled from Japan and I was surprised at how amazing this product works. If you are wondering how Japanese girls managed to maintain curly bouncy hair without having it looking crunchy and heavy, this is the product that can make that happen. It is a light weight hair setting spray that makes your hair bouncy and looking textured. It doesn't help to protect my hair against humidity but considering how it sets the hair, my frizz is somewhat more tame than when I'm not using it.  



First up for makeup is a fairly new addition to my collection (received almost at the end of May) but the product amazes me so much that it's a sin not to put it in my favorites and its the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. I finally get the hyped surrounding this particular product and why it's such a cult among beauty addicts. For a drugstore product it is exceptionally well made with finely milled powdery texture and longevity that put even my Bobbi Brown and Tarte blushes to shame. When I first swatched it I thought the color won't really show on my NC20 skin, but once it's on the cheeks it imparts such a healthy glow to the skin and I was immediately smitten by this blush. I haven't been reaching for my other blushes ever since this little darling invaded my collection, hence the reason why it deserves to be in a monthly favorites. 







The MAC Paint Pot has always been my absolute favorite product from MAC. The product is so easy to use and blend, stays on the lids for more than 15 hours without creasing and the list goes on. MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist has been my go-to eyeshadow for the whole month. It takes less than 10 minutes to get my eyes done when I'm using this and with the recent addition of the JillStuart Jelly Eye Color (read reviews here) to my collection, Constructivist and Platinum Satin is a match made in heaven for eye colors. I've been reaching for these two for the most part of May. It gives off the impression that I actually made effort to blend in different colors on my lids and crease to create some dimension when in fact I actually just slab Constructivist on the lid, blend it into the crease and dab on a tiny bit of Platinum Satin on top of Constructivist on the lid.







My mom choose the wrong shade when she bought the Benefit Erase Paste in 3 Deep. She thought it'll be a good color to help covers her hyper-pigmentation without even swatching it. Turns out, its way to orange for any sane person with a NC20 - 25 skin to use. Luckily, I've recently discovered that it's the perfect shade to help counteract my dark under eye circles. I would use it after I prime my face, dab the concealer around my under eye area without properly blending it in. Then I went in with my foundation during which I'll blend the concealer in. Since I already have a heavy coverage concealer under my eye, I didn't want to use a full on concealer to highlight. So I've been using the Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer Pen in 00 Stand Corrected. The consistency of the concealer is light, doesn't crease and the yellow color also helps to highlight the V under my eye. I also love how the product has a pointed metal tip for application that is cooling to the eye. 



Soap & Glory A Great Kisser lip balm has been my savior for my dry chapped lips. I haven't been drinking enough water in May and naturally the lips would crack and flake up which does not make for an attractive look when you put on lipstick. I've been using the great kisser every night before I go to sleep and I love how it's somewhat sticky when you first put it on and the stickiness gradually fade and you are left with a plump, soft and hydrated lips. The product doesn't even go away completely even when you leave it overnight on the lips which makes it great for helping to hydrate your lips while you are sleeping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment