Wednesday 10 June 2015

Jill Stuart Haul + Reviews


If there is one thing that steals the scene in the Japan beauty industry; it's the Jill Stuart Cosmetics line. With sparkly, girly product designs, gorgeous display of the cosmetic counters and the highly-raved products that the line carries, it's almost worth it to just make a trip to Japan to haul these babies up. 

I went in strong (as mentioned in my previous post that can be read here) with several items up on my wishlist but I didn't buy all of them. Beauty-wise, I only picked up four items with three being makeup and one perfume. 





The JillStuart Jelly Eye Color was what really caught my eye in the entire makeup line. The consistency of the product is truly as the name suggest; jelly-like in its texture. For first timers, be careful not to press your fingers too hard on the product or else it'll sink in. That's how jelly-like the product is. The jelly eye color adds a sheer wash of color and glitter on your eyelids and is beautiful to use both on its own or by layering it with eyeshadows. It came in a beautiful and magical looking pot and a little bit goes a long way. The staying power on this product is amazing as well, it doesn't crease and the glitter is still present even after a 10-hour wear. I purchased two colors; 20 Coconut Mint and 03 Platinum Satin. Coconut Mint is a white-based color with iridescent of tiny silver and blue glitters while Platinum Satin is a soft rosy champagne with silver glitters. The glitters in both of the colors aren't anything scary at all and they're not chunky. Once they're on the lids they will stay put and does not have any fall outs. 




Last makeup item I purchase is the Airy Tiny Watery CC Cream in 02 Natural Floral Beige. It has SPF30 just like any other CC Creams out there in the market. The CC Cream has a significantly more coverage compared to the Chanel CC Cream and it dries down to a semi-matte finish. I find that blending the product in using fingers, a beauty blender and a brush all results in a beautiful finish to the skin. The packaging of the product is a spring limited edition which is why you will find them looking differently on the Jill Stuart website. I love using this on days when my skin is dry - where heavier coverage foundation tends to intensifies the dry patches and makes me feel absolutely uncomfortable. 



The JillStuart Eau de White Floral was a sudden addition to my list. As soon as I took a whiff of the scent, I knew I have to have it. It has a wonderful concoction of soft fruity and floral scent to it and is not over powering to the nose. I'm bad at describing scents but this perfume truly amazing. Plus, the bottle itself is very beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment