Monday 8 June 2015

Japan Haul Part Deux: Luxury


I was on a personal mission to find several high-end beauty products while I was in Japan and sadly, I didn't get them all. But the sadness was well compensated with the products that I managed to haul and most of them are lip products (LOL).



I picked up three lip products from YSL and one of them was from the duty free shops at the airport. I finally got my hands on the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush and I know I'm late to jump on the bandwagon on this one, but hey, YSL beauty counters aren't available in Malaysia (other than duty free shops in airports). The only colour that catches my eye is #10 Nude Insolent. It is a beautiful brownish red that sheers out to a mid-tone brownish rose. It has a fatter doe-foot applicator that conforms to the shape of your lips and the texture of the product is like liquid velvet to the lips. Never tried it on my cheeks yet because I've been loving it on my lips so much. 





The YSL Volupte Sheer Candy lipstick has been an elusive product everytime I managed to find YSL beauty counters overseas. They're always sold out so when I saw that SOGO Osaka stocked them, I grabbed the #7 Sweet Fig. Its a sheer brick red and seems to be the only few colours that shows on my already pigmented lips. I wore this through out the rest of my Japan trip and I love that it's very hydrating while imparting a beautiful sheer amount of colour on the lips. 





The final YSL product for this haul is the new YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil in #7 Crush Me Orange. This was an unexpected purchase but it ended up being my favourite out of the three. It's another innovative product from YSL and is a wonderful hybrid between oil and tint (hence the name). I love that the oil hydrates my easily chapped lips and the colour stays even when the oil is gone. I won't go into too much details on this one as a separate review is coming up on the blog sometime this week. But to summarize it, I absolutely love this product. 



Another lip product that I managed to picked up just before I entered my flight home is the Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in 103 Brun Createur. The colour is a dusty rose that is perfect for everyday wear and the formulation is a satiny-matte finish that does not dry out my lips. The packaging on this one is very luxurious - genuine leather is used for the cover with the Givenchy logo embossed on the bullet of the lipstick. Even the box that it came with is thick and has a textured finish.





I did quite the damage at the Jill Stuart beauty counter and its due to the fact that Jill Stuart Cosmetics is only available in the Japan market. So I went in strong and I came out with a few products that was on my list + a few extras. I won't be writing about Jill Stuart in this post as another post will be coming to the blog soon and it will also include reviews on them as well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment