Monday 9 February 2015

Tarte Pin Up Girl Blush Palette


I didn't get my hands on the Tarte blush palette that came out a few years back during the holidays because (a) I wasn't aware of the brand and (b) I didn't know that their blusher is so so good.

So when I saw the palette that Tarte is going to release for the 2014 holiday, I immediately aimed to get my hands on them as soon as they hit the stores in Malaysia. And that’s exactly what I did when I received the newsletter on the Christmas sets arrival.  I know I’m a little late in reviewing the palette as it’s already February 2015, 4 months passed the release date, but I couldn't resist to give this amazing palette a blog post of its own.

The palette comes in a pretty gold clutch-esque packaging (though I’m not a fan of it) complete with a large mirror (that somehow makes me quite dizzy when I look at it) and 5 of the famous Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushers. The blushers are highly pigmented, which I’m guessing is the reason why it has the ability to stay on your face for a long time. I don’t think the wear time is as the name suggests though, but that’s not an issue for me as I never found a blusher that manages to stay on my cheeks for more than 6 hours *sobs*.



I absolutely love the colour selections that the palette offers; it has a pretty coral that gave me a glowy look (Bashful), a beautiful basic pink that reminds me of a baby doll’s pink cheeks  (Whimsy) and my favourite, Embraced, a cool toned mauve that somehow manages to warm up my complexion despite having a cool undertone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment