Friday 6 February 2015

Marc Jacobs Beauty Haul


Marc Jacobs Beauty and sale? 

These two rarely goes hand in hand as the MJB (as I would call it from now on) products are so darn expensive; and they are expensive for a good reason. The packaging is an absolute stunner and the products that you get pretty much compensate for the price you pay. 

So when Sephora was having it's post-Christmas sale and several of MJB products is on the bandwagon; I could not resist myself from purchasing a few of them.

First up is the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-con No. 7 eyeshadow palette in the Parisienne. It is a limited edition set and it has 3 cool toned and 4 warm toned shadows. It is a great palette that can cater to both smoky and neutral eye look.  


Shades from L to R: 
Smoky blue-ish grey, dark cobalt blue, frozen ice blue, muted camel brown, off-white vanilla, dark khaki brown and burgundy purple.

The colour description above is something I came up with and in my honest opinion is what it reminds me of. I really love the frozen ice blue shade as it really translates as ice blue on the lids as oppose to some icy blue shadows that looks more silvery when applied. And the muted camel brown colour is the perfect crease shade to add to that extra dimension look on the eye. The burgundy purple shade is also a nice addition to the palette but I found that the shimmer disappeared after a while on the lids, which is kind of a letdown. But the overall performance of this palette is astounding. 
  
The other item that I simply turned a blind eye on the price tag (even when it's on sale) and just placed it my basket is the Blacquer and Bleu Five Piece Eye Essentials Collection and this is an exclusive Christmas set (I think?). What really sold me on this product is the three full sized eye products with an additional bonus on the gorgeous makeup bag and mirror.


From Top to Bottom:
O!Mega Lash in Blacquer, Highliner in Th(ink) and Magic Marc’er in Blacquer.

The liquid eyeliner and mascara is A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y amazing! The eyeliner has a marker applicator and the tip is so fine and sharp that it makes it a whole lot easier to do a cat-flick. The mascara is as the name suggests, O!Mega indeed! It gives such big volume and length to the lashes and the colour is the blackest of black. The blue highliner is a great product as well because it stays on the lid for a whole day and it doesn’t need to be sharpen, which is always an added bonus for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment