Wednesday 4 February 2015

Drool-worthy Eyeshadows


The bareMinerals eyeshadow quads come as a huge shocker to me. I don’t hear much about it in the beauty world so I never actually gave it much attention until the Sephora sale happened last December.

I swatched it in store and I was amazed at the quality of the shadows, so I immediately grabbed 2 of the quads. It also comes in eyeshadow duos, but I’m more of a quad and palette type of girl. 

The pigmentation of the shadows is an absolute dream; its buttery smooth, blends easily and the colour payoff on the lids is stunning. Normally the fingers tend to pick up the pigmentation better than brushes do, but for these shadows, the colour payoff is equally good for both fingers and brushes, which makes it easier for the girl on-the-go. 

The Dream Sequence


The Dream Sequence is the one from the permanent line and it is a purple eyeshadow quad. It has some really adorable names for the shadows (500 thread count being my favourite name) and the colour Romp is my personal favourite colour; with its metallic sheen and super smooth texture. I've been using Romp on both my eyelids and creases and it is the perfect everyday purple. An added bonus for this quad is the single matte shade (Nightcap) which pretty much compensate for the shimmery and metallic elements of the other colours.  



The Wild Thing

The Wild Thing is a limited edition quad and it reminds me of a somewhat ‘under the sea’ theme palette with some beautiful greens and blues in it. My favourite colour in this quad has to be Sensational for its unique combination of soft metallic-y yet pastel colour. It'll also make a nice inner corner highlights for a little pop of colour. 


A little something I noticed with the Wild Thing palette is that the colour pay-off is not as intense as the Dream Sequence, but it's still good nonetheless. But compared to the other quad, this one seems somewhat lacking in pigmentation. 

The bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 is available in Sephora Malaysia and it retails at RM 130.

No comments:

Post a Comment